Before and After TV Table

See this tv tray table? I'm going to convince you that it is one of the most economical, cool, and overlooked pieces of furniture in existence. First, it's wood. Real wood. Not weird laminate or particle board. And, second, these tables are really cheap. You may even already have one behind your sofa right now that you use for microwave popcorn and Dr. Peppers when you're watching sitcom reruns. It definitely screams lonely college girl eating Lean Cuisines and watching Friends. But, believe me, this table has a lot of potential. Which is why I bought one at Target for $7 or $9 (I can't remember which.) I got an itch to before and after this thing, so here's what I came up with.
Voila! What do you think? Or over here. Not sure yet. 

Let me tell you, blue was really outside of my comfort zone, but I'm totally embracing it now. Not turquoise. Blue. Good old blue, sort of on the inky indigo side. Spray painted. And these beauties:
Technically they're lamp finials from Lowes ($2.50 a piece). I drilled holes through the table top and inserted screws up through the bottom into the finials. I have a hardware fetish if you don't know. And these are so chunky and modern and pretty. 

And I twisted cotton rope through the finials and around the legs (held in place with a little flat head nail at the bottom of the legs). So fresh and yacht happy. It's late winter, so you know, resort wear is on my brain, so this is my blue and white nautical version. I'd like to say I made it because I needed a table and couldn't find one I liked in my price range in typical bloggy banter style, but I'll be honest with you. I didn't need a table. I just saw this table and had an urge to before and after it. Because it was there. Like Mt. Everest. Only it was at Target. For $7 or $9. I can't remember which. 

Comments

  1. Now I totally want to make tables like this for my basement living room. Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie reigns supreme!
    I was trying to think of something witty, where I could use 'nautically' in place of 'naughty', but I'm only one redbull and one med. DD coffee-extra sugar into the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY!! That is so gorgeous! I know the feeling of when you get an idea or an itch. I can't remember which, but I know the feeling! LOVE your table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ficou muito boa sua transformação parabéns .
    Deixo aqui meu convite para conhecer meu blog .
    Link http://entre-sembater.blogspot.com/
    Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got two at a garage sale and would have loved to have done something like this. Instead I painted them with abstract designs. I love it, but this is much more creative.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts