Inspiration

I love this book. I found it on Ebay a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, the illustrations inside are all black and white simple line drawings. But the cover, well, that cover is going to be the inspiration for the whole nursery. 

Maybe I should stop here and explain something about why this nursery is especially special to me. This is baby #3, but this has been my first chance to actually decorate a room just for the baby. Our finances are very tight, but there is actually a room for me to make special, to fill with the little things I make, to paint how I want, to build a little nest headquarters. I didn't get to do that with my first two because of budget constraints. Severe budget constraints. I loved bringing home my first two babies, and didn't care at all that their "nurseries" were the corner of my bedroom. They were healthy and beautiful, and they certainly couldn't have cared less about color schemes and accessories. But now, this time, I get the cake and the icing on top, too! I feel so very very very lucky! I always thought maybe someday I'd have another baby and get to decorate a nursery. And now I'm here, and I feel so lucky! 

Comments

  1. love the inspiration. my husband and i are in manhattan and our baby doesn't have a nursery, let alone his own crib. he has a corner of our living room we dedicated to him...but it's not even where he sleeps. here's to the chance to finally decorate for your third child. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful book!!!!!! i can only imagine the struggles a family must go through while a parent is studying medicine. it is a hard balance! but you guys have a bright future ahead! you will have fun decorating a room for baby #3!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. manic, you should do a fellowship at Mayo. You'd be pleasantly shocked at how far your housing dollar can go here in Minnesota. Of course, you'd have to live in Minnesota haha. You can't walk anywhere. I think I'd give up the house to be able to walk out the door and get a coffee and bagel.

    Nathalie, yes, it has been like the neverending marathon. Quite a test of endurance. I met my husband when he was a cook and I was a waitress. He had one semester of community college under his belt. Yes, it's been a loooong road. (You are studying science too, correct? Best wishes to you, too! You will have so many doors open to you!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts