Tiny wood zebra



Would you like to know my secret for making professional paint lines like the ones you see on this professional zebra and on my professional monkey cars?

It's this skinny blue tape. It's great for making obsessively compulsively neat little paint lines, and they sell it at Hobby Lobby. So now that I've shared my professional tip, please PLEASE tell me what I should make for dinner. I am so burned out on making dinner that I'm actually burned out on food. What do you do when you feel this way? What's your easiest, fastest dinner trick? Between nursing the baby, taking 2 kids to 2 soccer practices at 2 times and 2 different locations, picking Jon up at work, sheesh, I think I'll just set out a bowl of nuts or something. Somebody please tell me what to do!

Comments

  1. ack! love the zebra!!!
    ack! love the tape!!!

    okay, here's mine:
    1 can corn. 1 can black beans, rinsed. 1 chopped red bell pepper. if you have it, chopped cilantro. add salt. add some olive oil. mix. serve. double above if you need to feed many mouths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, have you seen this?

    http://thebabygardner.com/blog/2009/02/15/call-for-entries-vintage-inspired-nurseries-child-spaces/

    submit! in all your spare time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh darn, that didn't link to the site. sorry you have to cut and paste.

    i'll stop commenting now...i promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dinner...one of my biggest issues as well.

    I shop the food ads. Last week we had roast pork with potatoes and carrots. The leftovers I shredded, added in a cup or so of barbecue sauce, then tossed in the fridge for a few hours to let the flavors meld together then stuck it straight in the oven and heated through (took about 18 minutes). Served on a toasted roll (I used ciabatta) with sweet potato fries and vegetables.

    Both were easy. About 20 min prep work for the roast with vegetables and 10 min for shredding the leftovers (which I did the day after)and tossing in sauce.

    If you don't eat meat, what about tortilla wraps? avocado, cream cheese, carrots, cucumber.

    Good luck! AND the zebra is soo cute! What about a tail? a little braided blue tail...eek!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, guys! Manic, I actually have all those ingredients! I am probably the only person in Minnesota who keeps cilantro in the house. Chelsea, I loooove pork roasts. I am going to do that. These two recipes are both right up my alley (I'm a native Texan) and I bet they would even taste great together! Thank you for the zebra compliments. He totally needs a tail. Hmmm. String? Wood? Aaah I have aqua and white striped baking twine!
    PS Jon came home and made dinner hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta go check out the baby garden website now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes! zebra and white baking twine is PERFECT! You'll have to post/email me a picture after the tail is added :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts