Happy Birthday, Mom!

Now stop reading, Mom. I am going to blog about the macaroni necklace I'm making you, and I don't want you to see it.


Hehehe. I told her I'm making her a macaroni necklace. I really made her this bird.



This is the mold I made a long time ago out of plaster. I intended to become a bird making factory, but in the past 3 years, I've made 6. I'm not a machine! I use this Li-Qua-Che product, which is really fun. It feels a lot like bisque (listen to me! I took 8th grade ceramics!) but not as fragile. Still, I wouldn't make toys out of these. Then I twisted up some wire for the legs. Then you just paint it. I've tried making animals my favorite shades of blue and green, but they always end up looking dead and zombified, respectively. That's not cute! So this guy is yellow, and, of course, polka dotted. Fly away to Texas, little bird!

Comments

  1. that's a really really cute bird! How'd you make your own mold?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chelsea! This is a really good tutorial for making a 2 part plaster mold. It seems tedious, but I'm always amazed when I pull out the little bird that it actually works.

    http://www.opusframing.com/library/pdf/2part_mold.pdf

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts