My date with Sewing Machine

I did it! I sewed Maggie's curtains! Finally! I worked on them for two days without stopping to eat, bathe, or read Elle Decor. Sewing Machine and I got along pretty well the first day. By day two we were at each other's throats. You could cut the tension in the air with a knife. The thread tension.


That fabric looks so pretty with the sun coming through that I couldn't sew the black out lining on the back, and blacking out was the whole purpose of the curtains since the sun rises at 5am and sets at 10pm in this weird Arctic white night world. So I attached the black out liner with velcro so I can rip it off when I need sunshine, stick it on when I need dark.


I had to go to the fabric store THREE times in three days because I kept not getting enough eyelet ruffle. I felt like a crazy person. And I actually cheated and glued the ribbon on with Aleene's fabric glue. How many glues does that woman make? I used the Aleene's Glue for Hot Pink Satin Ribbon on Curtains. You can get that specific. Because that's how many glues she makes.






Comments

  1. hooray for beautiful curtains! i also enjoy the full disclosure on the velcro and glue action. so often do i have craft insecurity when i have to utilize items beyond my possessed sewing machine to complete a 'sewing' project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was in "git 'er done" mode. And that glue is actually pretty awesome. SM hated the velcro, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny! I like your curtains! And I can relate to going to the fabric store multiple times because of either bad planning, distracting children, losing the shopping list, or just plain insanity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Maggie was very fussy part of the time, and then I realized that I never measured my curtains. I assumed each panel was 44 inches across, but they were actually 48. Duh. I could NOT figure out why I kept coming up short.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts