Step 3: Embrace the mania

LiEr made a comment under Step 2 that I have been pondering. I have decided to completely retract Step 2 and all that stuff about committing to a project. I am going to work on as many projects as I can at one time, because when inspiration strikes, you have to go with it. So if that means slapping on a layer of papier mache, cutting out wood for a horse, buying embroidery thread, sanding monkey cars, sketching embroidery designs, brainstorming a mystery novella about the cat, and finally making two rings, then that is what I am going to do. Laundry? Not really inspired to do that lately.

I call these rings "Doodles from my childhood". They're made out of cotton fabric that I sealed so it won't unravel.


Comments

  1. Are you insinuating that the much beloved Judith Norwood, of the Lancasterhire Norwood's, is a murderer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, photography 101, when photographing a hand, make sure your subject has her nails painted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not insinuating anything until her trial is over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are good rings. And the background is blurry, which means these photos pass the criteria in Step 1. Excellent!
    And have a question, not at all related to rings, cats, murderers or blurry-background photos. Was going to email you but couldn't find your email addy! So am asking you in the comments, sorry. I am going to paint some dowels with acrylic paints and need a varnish. The one I has is the same brand as the acrylic paints and has this sinister warning that it might be harmful to reproductive health. Can't believe people actually sell such stuff and confess its harmful effects on the same bottle. Can't believe even more that I bought it without reading the label. Since you are the Queen of Wooden Craft and quite certainly in possession of what I am looking for, can you suggest something? I've heard of Mod Podge - would that work on acrylic paint? Would that smudge acrylic paint? And which kind to buy? There are several types of Mod Podges in Michaels and I gave up choosing because I was so confused. Thank you! Thank you! Oh, here's my email address to save you the bother of looking it up on the blog:

    lier.koh@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts