Step 4: I'm really into this

I'm obsessed with my little fabric rings. They don't unravel because I slopped sealant on them, and they're really firm and tough. That one on the left is a pomegranate. And now I have new super respect for jewelry makers. It's hard. Everything is so small! You know when you dredge chicken or something in flour, egg, flour, egg and your fingers get all coated with the batter? That's how I feel when I'm doing stuff this small, like my fingers are too big and dopey.
Meanwhile, the swan sits forlornly in the corner. There is nothing uglier than a half-finished papier mache project. Literally and figuratively.


UPDATE: So far my husband said that my pomegranate looks like a 2 chamber heart, and my sister said it looks like a ham.

Comments

  1. no! it's a pomegranate. i said that before i even read the post. actually, my quote was, "jesus christ look at those rings...it's an f-ing pomegranate!" i'm a sailor. and you, my friend have talent like those ladies who used to finish tiny clock dials with radioactive paint without the gory metastatic end to their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an f-ing two-chambered hamagranate ring!

    And, THANK YOU! I see that my REAL friends are my internet friends that even though I maybe have never met in real life OBVIOUSLY care more about me than these so-called "husbands" and "sisters" who can't tell the difference between a pomegranate and a ham!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also recognized it instantly as a pomegranate before reading anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! That's two votes for pomegranate. AND I know Erin in real life so I think that makes her vote count double!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it helps, I thought it was a pomegranate too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts