Step Something: Make an elephant!

I decided that I would love to sell the pattern I designed for this elephant. I also have a really good giraffe that I designed, too, and a squirrel that is still in various stages of malformed muslin prototype evolution. I had like 20 muslin elephants that I worked on to get this elephant into this shape. It wasn't easy, and in fact, it was very sad. All those deformed elephants. I wish I'd taken a picture before Jon went into a garage cleaning mania and they got thrown out. I've never written up sewing patterns before. People like lots of jokes mixed in with their sewing instructions, right? I thought so. Anyway, I made this elephant up to take pictures of the process, and I used different fabrics so the pieces would show better. And you know what? It's totally cute! I love these fabrics together! We'll see how the instructions turn out. I'm so bad myself at following instructions that it will be interesting to see what I come up with.
Let's see...what else was I going to say...oh yeah...WHY is Hobby Lobby closed on Sundays????

Comments

  1. That elephant is too cute!

    But looks a bit complicated, I probably couldn't follow the instructions no matter how well written out they are! I will just leave it up to the professional - that's you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way, Erin, you can do it! I am going to write jargon-free instructions with lots of encouragement in it and points in the steps where you stop to get iced coffee. It'll be like "pick up a needle, that's it, the long pointy thing with the sharp end, don't touch the sharp end, good job, now take a break and get that iced coffee!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm DEFINITELY interested in the giraffe. My husband and I are both over 6 ft. tall and giraffes have become a theme, of sorts, for our little family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great, ckjolly. I worked on the elephant instructions last night, and they're almost done. I think the giraffe instructions will really easy to knock out after that. I'll update the etsy shop with them asap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any progress on this pattern?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts