Sneak Peak #1

Gnome racers! I'm so happy with how these turned out! I drilled the hole where the gnome sits with my new set of forstner drill bits, which I don't know how I was living without.



The car itself is a 2 inch diameter wood dowel. The wheels are slices of the dowel. The axel caps are mushrooms! They make the cars look like little bouche de noels! And the gnomes are felt and sometimes get stuck on your pants. These are one of the items I'm selling at the Martha Stewart Holiday Craft Sale next weekend. Next weekend? Oh my god. It's next weekend.

Stay tuned for Sneak Peak #2. Coming soon!

Comments

  1. These are ridiculously cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap those are cute! will you be putting any in your store?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! Love that the gnomes get stuck on pants! So gnomey.

    L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! When can I have 'shroom caps for my own car?! If only these gnomes would come an' give me a lift... They are so very cute!!!
    You're gonna have an awesome weekend at the craft fair. :)
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these. The little mushroom caps are such a gorgeous touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie, you are a genius! I wish I was there making these with you. Good luck next weekend! I'll be thinking of you and your little gnomes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it...like I love everything else you do!


    Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Freakin adorable gnomes. I am not doing any craft fairs or art sales this Christmas, and I have to tell you--it has been DIVINE. Instead, I am just going to go SHOP at the No Coast Craft-a-rama this year rather than sell...but godspeed to you as you prepare for the MS sale. Makes me need a massage and triple shot cappuccino just thinking about it. And also, you should put a link to the Hedgie tutorial on your side bar--the Hedgies deserve their own spot in the line-up too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So unfair that these are going to Martha and not etsy! The angel on my shoulder is wishing you the very very best at the craft sale, but a very persuasive devil is hoping a few remain unsold so we non-nyers have a chance at them. How can one woman be so clever and talented???
    deborah

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm so jealous of your amazing drill bits. and these gnomes! they look so speedy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts