Your present is ready!

It's a foldable downloadable paper photo frame! For you! The actual files to download are at the end of the post. I'm a little nervous about how blogger will like all these pictures, but oh well! Let's get started! We'll do the pink one because it has a heart on it for Valentine's Day! Oh, and the pink one is really hot pink, not faded country red. 


You will need 2 sheets of 8.5 x 11 cardstock. Print the color of your choice! (Make sure you print it landscape and not portrait!)



Cut them apart on the black lines and cut off the white edges like this:



Fold along the white lines like this:








Glue along the long thin flaps like this and seal it up.






Now you have 4 pieces that are starting to really look like a frame!



Put glue on those tiny flaps at each corner and slide the top and bottom pieces into the sides. Do one corner at a time. 



Voila! You can use bits of tape or more little dots of glue to hold together any gaps or funny spots. The dimensions of the actual photo hole are 4.5 inches by 4 inches. The outside dimensions are about 8 inches by 7.75 inches. 



I just taped the photos to the back. Acid-free tape! And then I taped them to the wall because I got burned out, but you could easily use string or punch a hole and use a nail or something. You guys are smart. You'll figure out something. 



Here are the files you actually print. Available in turquoise (Pantone's color of the year) and fuschia (matsutake's color of the year)! Enjoy!










Comments

  1. You never cease to amaze me! What a clever design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Who would ever guess it is paper - ingenious! And thank you, I love my present!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be a great craft for kids as well using your pattern and then they can decorate. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so welcome, you guys! And, yes, you could totally use the outline and trace onto blank paper and decorate however you like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Cute!

    Non sequitor: I don't know if it's information you want to share, but would you tell me where you got the blanks for your owls? My daughter is quite obsessed with owls. I'd love to make her a set. :) I would never divulge your secret...pinky promise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annalia, I made the owls myself from different diameter dowels. I miter cut the tops of the heads and then hollowed out the bottoms with a dremel so they nest inside eachother. But if I had bought them, I'd tell you where I got them! I actually made this set for a friend who swapped her book with me. I promised them to her in, uh, I think last November? (They're almost done, Jodi! I just need to polyurethane them!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooou, thank you, they're lovely!
    Hope everyone at your house is feeling better and you're feeling less scullery maid like (maid-y? maid-ly?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, shucks! Ain't you sweet? This will be the perfect Valentine for the Grandmas this year; they always love a photo!
    Could put some kid-art in there, too.
    Thanks, Katie!!
    xoJenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! It is so generous of you to share these. I'm printing some right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought these were new picture frames when I saw them on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these. Thanks so much. I traded the cardstock for regular copy paper, attached a magnet to the back, and voila! A gorgeous refrigerator magnet (with my daughter's pic in it) for the grandparents on Valentine's Day. They loved it. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts