Dispatches from the Internet

For the past two days my diet has consisted of
1. honey by the spoonful
2. spicy chicken curry
3. cough medicine (I think I mixed up the tablespoon and teaspoons once or twice)
4. one of the most powerful oral antibiotics in existence (causes confusion and tendon snapping)
5. looping episodes of Yo Gabba Gabba

I'm having very trippy dreams at night. Creepy clowns and hot pink flames and Baryshnikov?


Anyway, I wanted to share two really cool things from internet blogland with you:



This onesie was created by my lovely and talented friend, Jodi Kahn, who is a crafting genius. I love it! Jodi is so funny and nice. This onesie cracked me up.


And I found this post on FrugalFamilyFunBlog (try saying that after 8 teaspoons or maybe tablespoons of cough medicine) wherein a lovely lady named Valerie made some owls with my toilet paper tube tutorial.


Awesome and well done and whatever happened to frugality as a value?  It all gets back to my thesis on the political economy of tv sitcoms. In the 70s we had Good Times and that show with the red headed mom and two teenaged daughters (one married Eddie VanHalen and one was the daughter of the Mamas and the Papas lady - what was that show called?) and all the characters were struggling financially and it was okay to admit it. In the 80s it all turned into Silver Spoons and that Gary Coleman sitcom and suddenly we were all supposed to aspire to preppiness and wealth.

Anyway. Frugality is good. I think I need to eat something.

Comments

  1. You make me giggle :) And it was called "One Day at a Time".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi and you are friends??? Hush! I love her! I reviewed her book and we've exchanged some awesome e-mails. Group hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that shirt! I think I would skip the plastic hands (although they're truly fabulous) and use the same process but with red felt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts