Total Consciousness

I've been battling a cold for a couple of days now, but I just had a shower and a Tylenol, so my sense of humor is returning. I don't know what I'm posting about right now. Maybe you've noticed that the majority of my posting energy is being diverted to Ohdeedoh lately. Uh, where was I? I just noticed that Maggie drew all over the sofa and wall with a deodorant. Smells nice.



I had some things in mind I needed to post about but forgot them now. Something about the political economy of tv sitcoms? Ricky Schroder? The Dalai Lama? See, that's why you keep coming back to this blog despite its inconsistent quality. You never know if there's going to be an awesome tutorial or some juicy philosophy or a lame etsy shop announcement (fox patterns available now!) so you see a new matsutake post in your reader and start Pavlovian salivating and you click not knowing if there'll be an food nugget or not. And those are the hardest addictions to break.

Oh yeah, I remembered what I was going to post about now. Little House on the Prairie. Did it ever snow on the tv episodes? It looked like they lived in California. And now that I live in Minnesota, I see that it really snows a lot up here. Is that all I was going to say? Speaking of Texas, I got an Ohdeedoh submission from an Austin designer named Curtis Jinkins and I looked at his online portfolio and saw this:


I love it, only I wish I could see the real thing. I wonder where exactly it is. Oh, and speaking of the Dalai Lama, I took Jon to work yesterday and there was a line of shiny black Mercedes and Escalades outside the Mayo, which means there's a VIP (very important patient) here and I'm dying to know who it was. They're so tight-lipped about that stuff. I'll probably never know. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the Dalai Lama because his Escalade has a Free Tibet bumper sticker on it. I love when he's here for a check-up. The jokes just write themselves. Like when the doctors are taking his medical history, do they have to get info about all the incarnations of Buddha? See? I haven't even tapped into my CaddyShack material yet. No offense to the Lama. I'm sure he's a really nice guy. It's just that I personally worship a different Dalai.


Thanks, you've been a great audience.

Comments

  1. Your stand up comedy is great, even with a cold!LOL I am sure that the Dali and the Dolly won't mind being mentioned.

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOps, that was Dalai....Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same stinking thing going on - but I chalked it up to seasonal allergies - either way hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of Tylenol was it?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in NO mood to break my Matsutake-habit. Seriously hilarious.
    Also, in the process of re-reading Laura Ingalls series. (Y'know, after 25 years... or so). It reads totally different once you're a parent. Ma gets my vote for Person of the Year, 1875.
    Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts