AlternaSmores


I remember on my first girl scout camp out back in 1980 how the troop leader told us we were going to make smores and how wonderful they were going to be. How exciting! We (and by "we" I mean the dads on the trip) built a fire and all 15 of us girls roasted our marshmallows and then we stacked them up, graham crackers, hershey bars, marshmallows, and then I finally got to eat it. Gross. Horrible. Puffy moussey marshmallow mixed with dry, crumbly bits of graham cracker. Not happening. I like all the components separately. I felt so lied to. Was I the only one who was about to barf? Am I still the only one?

So this past weekend I took matters into my own hands. Toasted marshmallows certainly would pair better with other flavors, right? YES! They do! Sweet goopy heaven. I compiled a bunch of ingredients and the neighbors came over for a backyard fire and we went to town mixing and matching and experimenting. So fun! The biggest surprise hits were the lemon cookies and the fruit leather. Here are some of the winning combinations:

Very fun and sticky messy. Will certainly do this again.

Comments

  1. little towers of goo! yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, the fruit leather sounds AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are perhaps not human if you don't like s'mores! Seriously, you are the only person I know of who does not like them!

    But, one thing I love is to put a bit of nutella or peanut butter on one of the graham cracker.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts