Weird Minnesota

Pin It
This is what I saw out my front window this morning. This group (gaggle? gang?) of wild turkeys lives in the woods across the street and every once in a while they come out to take a walk and show off.

Aren't they hilarious? The most I've counted at once is 13. Anyway, it's one of the things I like about living here. And, if you'll notice, there is NO SNOW! What is going on? Is it the end of the world? It was 57 degrees here yesterday in Rochester, MN. Last year at this time it was negative iceball freezing and 5 ft of snow. The turkeys ran off when my daughter's best friend came over from next door. That child, I swear. She's like the best friend from an 80s sitcom. Her name should be Blossom or Punky or Booger. She's totally skinny, always hungry, and never stops talking. She was standing on the front porch gobbling at the turkeys full volume at 7:45am, and they got scared and ran back into the woods. 

Comments

  1. "A group of turkeys is called a rafter, although a gang is also an acceptable name."

    Heehee. What does Ms. Norwood think of the turkeys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZOMG, this is the best post. I love those turkeys! Amazing. And the story about your daughter's best friend is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! We've got those across the road in our 100 acre woods along with some of the ugliest turkey buzzards as well. ~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh s**t, you made me spray java all over my keyboard. Please start calling that kid Turk or Booger....or maybe I'll just pretend you do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts