Something Pretty?

Do you remember a while back when I said, "I want to make something pretty today"? You don't actually have to click on that link to the post. That's all it says. I want to make something pretty today. Well, this is what I made. It's an ikat-inspired mirror. Full tutorial is up at Apartment Therapy. I don't know that I'd call it pretty, although I think the color turned out pretty. I'd call it...jangly. Is that a word? Yes, jangly. Jarring? It was just what I needed, though, to jazz up my gray walls, which flank the windows to the gray world outside. Oh, Minnesota. Enough gray. I mean it now. There's only so much a Texan can take. Oh, speaking of Texas, did you watch the Top Chef finale last night? Congratulations, Paul!!
Well, I have to get back to the sofa now. My toaster strudel is waiting. Oh, I have one more picture I wanted to show you just in case you knit or crochet or generally have a yarn fetish. Can you relate?
This is my intern. She was working on a fiber arts project right entitled "Humpty Dumpty Worms". More pictures soon.

Comments

  1. Ikat! I love you, Ms Matsutake! Not jarring. Very cool. And I hear you about all the grey. Or gray. Or whatever. Good thing we don't live in London. I can't wait for Humpty Dumpty Worms. Your intern looks like me when I overhear the husband telling the kids he's about the throw out cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you finished painting that corner which was once well kept by Ms. Norwood, right? Beautiful. I mean the wall and the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to say this - but I think it looks more Space Invaders than Ikat. Of course - I love your space Invaders mirror so that makes me a geek with taste.

    Must go and try this for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts