Announcement

I'm moving. It's official. Currently I'm in Rochester (the one in Minnesota with all the freaking snow). I've been here for 5 years now. And I am originally from Texas, that big orange state at the bottom which I was always told was the best, but which I slowly began to become suspicious of in high school. But now my husband is at a career fork in the road which required throwing darts at the map and picking a new home. And the dart has decided. It's Baltimore, Maryland. That's my husband's hometown, so at least one of us will know his way around. And his whole family is there. And we will be, too, next July. So that means I have to get my house in shape and listed for sale in the Spring. Eek.

And another thing. I'm going to try to post more where I just talk like I used to. The thing is, the number of visitors to the old bloggy has risen dramatically lately and I'm feeling a little like, whoa, what's that all about? We've gone from intimate dinner party to raging kegger in the past few months. And the cat sort of got my tongue. But I decided that I'm just going to keep on doing what I do, which is talk to you guys like you're my BFFs and make jokes and write about Ms. Norwood and do crafts when I feel like it. Part mommy blog, part crafty DIY tutorials, part your coworker who won't shut up about herself. No recipes. All fun. Because if there's one thing I am, it's not professional.

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, how exciting! But darn, right after you had just finished your entryway and stairs! How is Ms. Norwood taking the news?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's happy that she'll be able to take the train to NYC.

      Delete
  2. That sounds great! Good luck on the move and that part of the country is beautiful and you have the ocean and museums and... ok I have to go back to life in the Texas Panhandle. We live in the World's largest truck stop. sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a now Minnesotan via California 18 years ago, I think Baltimore is a great place to go! I've only been there once, but I really loved it. Just maybe don't start watching "The Wire" till *after* you've already moved there... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray!! I am sad that you are moving away from me, but... since we don't know each other, and you are planning to write more, I guess it will all even out! It has just made me happy knowing that you & Mrs. Norwood are just an hour or so away, being fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, the "hooray" was for more of YOU on this blog... not so clear the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck with the move! I live right outside Baltimore, it really is a great area-easy to get to DC, Philly or NYC if you don't feel like hanging in Bawlmer ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. neat! I love adventures to new places. Moving house, well, not so much (which is why we're still in a too-small sad shape of a house).

    Looking forward to your yakking about the getting the house ready for sale and settling into your new home, may you find a place that will accommodate crafts and be a great home for Mrs. Norwood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! I can't wait to read more. And I hope that your move is as uncomplicated as possible. I know Mrs. Norwood will do her best to make it an exciting transition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello - I'm one of those 'Johnny {or Jeannie, in this case} come lately's. I found your amazing tutorial with simple directions for getting an image onto something else. Simple - to the point. Just what I was looking for. Good luck getting your house up for sale and moving and all that! Thanks for the lovely tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a new reader, and I just left Baltimore last summer. I lived there for 12 years and I love it and miss it. We moved to NC to be near some helpful grandparents. Have fun in Baltimore!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts