The Stockings Were Hung on the Coat Rack with Care

No mantel? No problem! This year the husband decided that he didn't want to hang the stockings above the fireplace because it's downstairs and I guess he's going with a "clump it all in one room" design plan. Hey, that's ok with me. So the challenge was to figure out where to hang them if I didn't have a mantel to work with. When I was a kid, we didn't have a fireplace so I was always worried about how Santa would get in. I don't even remember where the stockings were. Maybe laid on the sofa with care? Anyway, here's what I came up with. The coat rack! I had to hang the bottom two from long ribbons so they'd be spaced out a bit. Then my sister said it needed something going up the middle, so I twisted a wide ribbon around it. Then a red bird flew all the way from Michaels and landed on top! Shhhh! Don't scare him away! I'm kidding. He can't fly away. His feet are thumbtacked to the wood!


Comments

  1. Oh I just love you... "thumbtacked to the wood." (snicker)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If you hadn't it nailed to the perch, it'd be pushing up the daisies!"

    ((hoping you're a Monty Python fan))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just reminded me of my worry when I was little that Santa couldn't get in because we didn't have a fireplace either. And, I think for a while my mom did lay our stockings on the back of the couch!

    The little birdie is the perfect finishing touch for the stockings coat rack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always get a good laugh here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts