Footprints

As a mom, wife, and blogger, I have struggled lately. Trying to paint, repair, pack up, and sell my home and make a smooth transition for my family across the country has felt overwhelming at times. And when I looked down and saw only one set of footprints in the sand, I said, "Jesus, are those your footprints?"

And he said, "Katie, no offense, but I have bigger fish to fry. And loaves to break."

"Oh," I said. "Then whose footprints are they?"

"Sherry Petersik's," he replied.

"I totally adore Young House Love! She's a mom and a DIY home renovator and she's always so perky and optimistic," I said. "And they're moving again!"

"Yeah," Jesus said, "YHL is pretty much my go-to blog for DIY home renovation inspiration. And the hip hop references crack me up."

"Me too! Thanks, Jesus."

"No problem. And Katie? Stop tracking sand in the house. You're going to scratch your new flooring."

Comments

  1. lol. Sherry's the bomb. And you're the bomb. Good luck with this big move! holy moly! can't wait to see what you do in Bmore!!
    I sortof want to stalk you since I'm in Virginia. You're lucky I have three kids too and long car trips are a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew Jesus was lurking in my blog-roll...
    So sneaky...
    You've got this! 'Cause you're kick-ass.
    Tawanda!
    That's what you didn't hear Jesus yell as he skipped down the street to get a cupcake.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts