Budget Bathroom Makeover

Why didn't I do this ages ago? Look...here's the whole budget friendly bathroom before and after. 







The whole makeover cost something like $400, maybe a little bit more, but definitely under $500. I'm not sure exactly. Ok, yes, like less than $450. Do I count the shower curtain? I'm not good with keeping track of stuff like this.

tub hardware:    $100
faucet:                 100
mirror:                  50
wainscoting:         20
molding:               12
cabinet hardware  30
paint                     15
light fixture           60
shower rod           20
towel bar              30

The bottom line is that if you're deliberating whether or not to paint your bathroom vanity, do it.

Comments

  1. Was there any special process you used for the vanity? I find that I only like the results of spray paint because no matter what you do, the paint just doesn't hide brush strokes. I'm tempted to stain mine darker because it has water damage, but your beautiful vanity has me questioning my decision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, except I did find a paint that looks great and hides brush strokes. Ace Cabinet, Door, & Trim paint. It's a weird, self-leveling paint that I'm using for all my honey-oak baseboards and trim. But it's tintable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so close to what I am doing in my bathroom! I have builders basic cabinets too, not much detail. Can't afford to replace but want to paint. I am making my own Chalk paint, because I hear it covers ANYTHING!! and I can distress it! I want the vanity to resemble a vintage piece of furniture! I can't believe you only spent $15 on paint! I have already spent at least $100 on just painting. I wish you had pictures of the process while you did everything! Thanks for the post it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts