I Made ABC Circus Alphabet Cards! (Updated 2/2016)


I've been on an extended honeymoon with Photoshop for the past couple of weeks. We're back now, and here's the outcome. 


I made these ABC cards for Maggie's room. It was so crazy fun. Fun because I really got into creating each little image, and crazy because, OMG, there are 26 letters in the alphabet. If you're Chinese, you're probably laughing at me for thinking that's a lot. 


Anyway, I think these circus animals are actually a troupe of prop comics. My favorites are the chicken with the yo-yo. And the pigeon with the umbrella. And the raccoon playing the little piano. 
I printed them out onto nice, thick cardstock and then used a corner punch to round the corners. 


Of course I went totally nutso overboard on the details, but it's really hard to find public domain images of donkey peanut vendors, so I had to make one myself. Really. Try googling "five baby pandas in a red surrey bike". Or "duck in a bowler hat holding balloons".  I knew you'd understand.


I set up the whole collection as a printable in my etsy shop. Each card prints at 4x6 inches, so I put 2 images per file so you can print 2 on a sheet of 8.5x11 cardstock. I love that etsy has that new feature where you can upload a zip file and the buyers get it instantly upon payment. Sweet! 


You can get the printable here.


Comments

  1. I love these! They are fantastic and so creative. I think the donkey peanut vendor is my favorite. But then again, I really like the chicken too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, they are perfect. Perfect! I wish my kids were young enough to appreciate ABC cards/posters, but they're at the age where they're choosing to put up Chinese acrobatic dance troupe posters on their wall. I don't get it, and I'm their mother AND slightly Chinese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are AMAZING and have whizzed right to the No. 1 spot on my "Reasons to have kids" list. I love the zebra's fancy feather headdress. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ermahgerd! I love these and I HAVE A MAGGIE! It's fate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well these are just adorable, Katie! If I had any wall space in Elli's room, I'd get these, like, yesterday. Love them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice.

Popular Posts